App-V 5.0 SP3 Server Install

Recently tasked with upgrading App-V 5 SP1 servers to SP3 I ran into difficulties with the database, deleting a table it wanted to later update. This was down to Microsoft getting the order of execution wrong in their readme file.

Here’s the correct order, a solution I found on technet:

1. CreateTables.sql
2. CreateStoredProcs.sql
3. InsertVersionInfo.sql
4. Permissions.sql
5. UpdateTables.sql

If you’ve already started running the SQL files and found the problem the hard way as I did, here is a fixed CreateTables.sql to re-create the table that was deleted prematurely. Just use it at step 1 in the order.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *